Idler systems for operation in explosive areas (ATEX)
In its product catalog, Artur Küpper GmbH offers idlers, idler stations and idler garlands especially for use in potentially explosive atmospheres.
A declaration of conformity is enclosed with suitable products. To distinguish them from non-ATEX products, they are marked with the lettering "Ex" near the stamped production date.
Provided they are appropriately installed into the overall system, these products comply with the requirements of the following protection class:
- I M2: Equipment-group I: equipment for use in underground parts of mines; equipment group M2
- X – In case of occurrence of hazardous explosive atmosphere, the equipment should switch itself off.
- U – Designation of the component
- II 2: Equipment-group II: equipment for other uses than in underground parts of mines; equipment group 2.
- G: Potentially explosive atmosphere caused by gases, fumes, or foggy atmosphere involved.
- D: Potentially explosive atmosphere, caused by explosive dust.
- h: Type of protection: “constructive safety“ according to EN ISO 80079-37
- IIB: For gases, fumes and fogs of gas group IIB.
- IIIC: For dusts of group IIIC
- T4: Suitable for media with a spontaneous combustion temperature over 135°C according to temperature class T4.
- 135°C: The maximum surface temperature in operation taking into account safety factors according to EN ISO 80079-36, is 135 °C
- -35°C≤ Ta ≤ +50°C: The permissible ambient temperature for operation is -35°C at minimum and +50°C at maximum.